Tuesday, February 13, 2007

News of the Weird

Like I have said a few times, I'm a media junkie. When I say media, I'm meaning the news. I read the news constantly and like anyone other day, today I was checking the AP wire on yahoo when two disturbing stories caught my eye. The first story is just fucking weird, and goes to the point that everyone involved in the fashion industry is crazy as hell. The headline reads: "Are Corsets the next big trend in male fashion?" In a word, no. What the hell is going on with hollywood and new york fashion houses. Corsets? Are you out of your fucking mind? Metrosexuals were bad enough, but corsets? Just to toss some kerosene on top of this flaming pile of shit, earlier on the radio I heard a report that a fashion designer in Europe is marketing pantyhose for men. Ok, seriously folks, I'm not one of these "retrosexual" men who believes all men need to act like neanderthals and regress back to 1950s morals, but at the same time, this corset and pantyhose crap has gone far enough. What people do in the privacy of their own homes is their own business, but come on. What kid wants to explain to his friends that the guy picking him up from little league is the guy wearing the corset and pantyhose. Jesus Christ!

And in other male news, I have to say that I called this one. Not so much that I knew this would happen, but that I knew there was something intrinsically wrong with this procedure. The headline on the AP wire read: "Research links vasectomy with higher dementia risk." The headline explains the story and I, and I'm sure any male reader observing this post is cringing, so I won't go into any detail about the story, but we all knew this would happen. Think about it. There is something terribly wrong with screwing with your plumbing and its only natural that dementia would follow. Now I understand some men have to undergo this procedure for medical reasons, but for all the husbands out there, reconsider. Disconnect your pipes and you run the risk of going clinically insane. My next prediction: "Researchers discover link between psychosis and prince alberts." Word to the wise: don't let anything sharp near your boys.

No comments: