Thursday, February 8, 2007

All The News That Fits

You know I thought about blogging about Anna Nicole Smith today, but I guess I'm just not that callous. As a big fan of her early work, for Guess jeans and in Playboy, I am saddened by her death, but I feel more saddened by the fact that her newborn child will grow up without a mother, and most likely, without any kind of normal family unit to support her. Happy trails, Vickie Lynn.

Now, on to more pressing matters. Actually, I don't really have any pressing matters. Hmmm. I guess I'll just do a wrap up of whats been going on in my life:




Front Page:
Headline: EXPATRIATE MULLING TRIP TO OXFORD, NO DECISION YET

This week, The Ole Miss Expatriate is decided if he is going to go to Oxford in the next few days. Details have been sketchy, but apparently, he is longing for his old stomping grounds and the need to escape central Mississippi for a time. No decision has been reached at the time of this report.

Business Page:
Headline: JOB MARKET TERRIBLE

The job market throughout Mississippi really sucks. Recent statistics have revealed that getting a higher education almost hurts one's ability to get gainful employment. Most experts point blame towards the baby boomers and their refusal to retire.

Sports Page:
Headline: REGULAR YEAR FOR OLE MISS RECRUITING

On signing day, the Ole Miss Rebels missed out on a few big recruits and basically ended the day with exactly what they thought they were getting. Most fans anxious for Powe to be signed, but that day has yet to come. Expectations this year are now returning to normal for Ole Miss football and fans seem to be praying for a .500 season.

Lifestyle Page:
Headline: EXPATRIATE BIG FAN OF BARRY LEACH TRIO
No surprises here folks, the Barry Leach Trio, a local jazz band has impressed The Expatriate. He really likes them and encourages everyone who loves free jazz and a nice environment to get their lazy asses to Hal and Mals next week to watch.


So there you go. Those are basically the high points of what I've been thinking about lately. Notice, scholastic endeavors are absent. I'm not much a fan of schoolin' these days and do not feel like talking about it. Wow. This blog entry was really lazy. I ate some baked chicken tonight and I'm feeling kinda lazy, so just enjoy and be lazy with me.

No comments: