Sunday, January 28, 2007

Twilight Zone at Krogers

It got so cold tonight that I had to listen to Lena Horn's rendition of "Summertime" just to get a mental picture of what warmth is. Naturally, I also had to look up "Summertime" on Wiki just to fill up the empty parts of my brain. That song has been covered over 2600 times. Jesus! I have to say I truly enjoy the song, so its no big surprise. When its stupid hot outside, its a good song to listen to and when its insanely cold its also refreshing.

This will be my 19th post since I started blogging on here and I'm sad to say that this is becoming a real addiction. I panicked earlier when I realized I might run out of topics if I stay on this pace. Then I thought, "Nah, then I'll just start making shit up, like I'm a movie star or a race car driver." That would be so money.

I have an early class tomorrow, but I just can't sleep. I went to Kroger a few hours ago and did some shopping and it got pretty weird. Now I love to shop at Kroger at night because hopefully, there will be fewer people. Well I'm not sure if the planets aligned in a weird way or there was a full moon I didn't know about but it got freaky. First of all, I saw this guy in a black coat who was just starring at me in the fruit section. He was looking at me like he knew me, then when I looked back at him, you know to like acknowledge him, he looked down quickly then left the store. Ok, weird, but not too weird. Then when I made it over to the drink aisle, this guy was looking at a gallon jug of water, bit the top off, and let the jug drop. He looked at me and walked off. Ok, very weird. I got my groceries and bolted for the check-out line. As I made my way back to my car, this extremely old man, wearing a red sweater vest like Mr. Rodgers used to wear, was walking around and around this red Corvette and smiling at me. He wasn't getting in the car or looking at it, just walking in circles around it and smiling at me. Ok, I was totally freaked and shoved my groceries and got the hell out of there. Something was amiss at the Kroger and I didn't want to find out. I wasn't about to wait around there and let the situation go from an episode of X-Files to an episode of the Twilight Zone.

No comments: