Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I Love the Word, "Anniversaire"




I didn’t realize it until just now, after 3 Evan Williams, that my anniversaire had passed without me noticing. I have been blogging now for a year. A YEAR, PEOPLE. I guess I’m not going to really celebrate it, but it’s a major accomplishment for me. I have been writing (on and off) solidly for a year. Even though this wasn’t a New Year’s resolution for last year, I feel like it should have been. So it is.

Back to my anniversaire. I’m happy that I have been blogging for a year. For all my stupid accomplishments, degrees, and accolades, writing continuously (on and off) honestly makes me happy. It honestly makes me happy. Its worth repeating. There isn’t just a shitload of stuff in this life that honestly makes me happy, but writing is chief among them, and given, I’m not a very good writer compared to the giants out there, I’m happy with myself and I’m happy to be here. So enjoy the next evolution of my writing, dear reader. Thank you for sticking around with me.

Sincerely yours,


The Ole Miss Expatriate, borne of blood, raised in the Great State and still kicking, despite the wishes of too many to be named.

No comments: